Table Salt vs. Himalayan Salt
Table salt is normally rock or ocean salt that is mined, heat blasted, chemically treated, and then anti-caking agents and iodine added to it. What you have left is table salt that is basically dead. It is now just dry sodium and chloride. Processed salt is now devoid of all the essential minerals and macrobiotic nutrients that our bodies need to survive. Salt is essential for life and yet our bodies cannot make it, so it must come from an outside source. Most often, it comes from meat or regular table salt. The problem is that our bodies don't really know what to do with processed salt. Years of processed salt intake can damage almost all areas of the body such as the heart, kidneys, muscles and bones and it is processed salt that causes bloating and water retention. Processed salt can put a body out of balance. Organic Himalayan Salt have all of the trace and micro- nutrients fully intact. The correct balance of sodium and chloride are present as well as calcium, magnesium, potassium and 90 other trace and micro-nutrients. When Himalayan Salt is ingested, it immediately works with the saliva in the mouth and starts the digestive process. The more minerals present in the mouth, the more digestion takes place. Digestion continues in the stomach. Himalayan Salt has been known to lower blood pressure and decrease water retention. It enables the liver, kidneys and adrenals to work much more efficiently. It can also boost the immune system.
The benefits of Natural Himalayan Crystal Salt include:
- Regulates the water content throughout your body & reduces water retention.
- Promotes a healthy pH balance in your cells, particularly your brain cells.
- Promotes blood sugar health and helps to reduce the signs of aging.
- Supports respiratory health.
- Promotes sinus health.
- Prevents muscle cramps.
- Promotes bone strength.
- Regulates your sleep by naturally promoting it.
- Supports your libido.
- Promotes vascular health.
- Along with water, it is essential for regulation of your blood pressure.
- Has been know to lower blood pressure.